Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ricotta Lemon Cake Mix Cookies


I love these cookies!  They're light but also a little chewy.  So good!  I also made them pretty small, so it's easy to eat eight of them without blinking an eye.  I like the idea of making cookies with cake mix, and I'm going to keep looking for recipes like this.  Pour yourself a glass of milk, and try one (or fourteen) of these little gems.  I got three dozen out of the recipe.  Thanks to the Cooking Photographer for this great idea. 



Ricotta Lemon Cake Mix Cookies

1/2 stick butter, melted
1 cup ricotta cheese (not non-fat)
1 large egg
1 tsp lemon extract (I used vanilla extract)
zest of 1 lemon
1 (18.25oz) box lemon cake mix

Preheat oven to 350.  With a hand mixer, mix butter and ricotta cheese in a large bowl until fluffy.  Add egg, lemon extract, and zest, and beat until combined and fluffy.  Stir in cake mix until combined.  Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls on baking sheet.  Bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.  Let cookies sit for 2-3 minutes on baking sheet before moving to cooling rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment