Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No Fear Pizza Crust



I impressed myself by this recipe.  I'm a little scared of cooking with yeast just because I haven't done it much.  I wasn't sure how this pizza crust was going to turn out, but it was great!  I think this is a particularly easy recipe because it only requires the dough to rest for ten minutes, not to sit and rise for hours.  I don't have a pizza stone, so I baked it on a cookie sheet that I sprayed with cooking spray.  So good!  You can have whatever toppings you want, obviously, but we had diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, and chopped bell pepper.  Try it, and you'll impress yourself and your friends. 

No Fear Pizza Crust

1 cup warm water
1 Tbsp white sugar
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Stir water, yeast, and sugar together until dissolved.  Add the olive oil and the salt.  Stir in the flour until well blended.  Let dough rest for 10 minutes. 

Pat dough in pan or onto a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil.  If desired, sprinkle basil, thyme, or other seasonings on crust.  Prebake crust at 425 for 8 minutes; top with desired toppings and bake for an additional 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment