Thursday, June 17, 2010

Honey Dijon Chicken


This was good!  It was sweeter than I expected, and I really liked it!  This type of recipe is nice, too, because it only calls for baking the chicken in the mixture; marinating isn't required!  I did marinate it as well as baking it in the mixture this time, but I love recipes that don't require the marinating, since I don't always have my act together enough to cook things that require forethought.  It requires throwing things into a bag, throwing the bag into the fridge, and then throwing the contents of the bag into a casserole dish; it really couldn't be easier!  It also leaves a lot of leftover sauce.  Next time I might thicken it with some cornstarch and serve it over rice.  It's from All Recipes.  Very good!


Honey Dijon Chicken


1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
4 chicken breasts


If you choose to marinate the chicken, combine the first four ingredients in a large zip top bag,  add the chicken, and place in the refrigerator.  When ready to bake, place chicken in glass casserole pan and pour honey mixture over the chicken breasts.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-40 minutes, turning or basting every 15 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment