Friday, June 11, 2010

Bacon Quiche Tarts


How tasty!  These have all the ingredients that I love--bacon, cream cheese, and Cheddar cheese.  How could they not be good?  This would be fantastic for a brunch or breakfast.  Obviously they're good fresh, but they're just as good reheated in foil in the oven or even just in the microwave.  I adapted this from a post on AllRecipes, but I used Cheddar cheese instead of Swiss, and I cut the amount of cream cheese in half (surprising for me, yes).  Not surprising, though, I might add a couple more strips of bacon next time.  I used Grands biscuits (actually, it was the Winn Dixie brand jumbo biscuits--I'm a bargain shopper) and sliced them in half for the crust.  The recipe also calls for the cream cheese to be softened, but I didn't plan ahead for that, and things still turned out fine. 




Bacon Quiche Tarts

5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar (or Swiss) cheese
2 Tbsp chopped green onions
1 can (you'll need 5 biscuits) refrigerated Grands biscuit dough, sliced in half

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease ten muffin tin cups with cooking spray.  Place the cream cheese, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl, and beat until smooth with an electric mixer set on low.  Stir in Cheddar and green onion, and set aside.  Press biscuit dough into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin cup forming a 1/4" rims.  Sprinkle half the bacon into the bottoms of the dough-lined muffin cups.  Spoon about 2 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin cup.  Sprinkle with the remaining bacon.  Bake for 20-25 miniutes in the preheated oven, until the filling is set and the rims of the tarts are golden brown.  Remove from pan, and serve warm. 

2 comments:

  1. I just bought some turkey bacon - I need to make this over the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, these look fabulous! I think I'll try these this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete