Friday, June 25, 2010

Blueberry Cream Muffins


My favorite part about these muffins is how the blueberries kind of explode in the oven and bleed their goodness everywhere.  Definitely use muffin cups for these; I did, and I still had clean up the blueberry juice from the muffin tin, so I can only imagine the cleanup you'd have to do if you didn't use the paper cups.  They're not exactly the healthiest blueberry muffins you'll ever have, but I made them a little bit better by substituting applesauce for vegetable oil.  I'm sure you could go even healthier and use yogurt instead of sour cream, but let's face it: I'm more likely to have sour cream in my fridge than plain yogurt.  I got 30 muffins out of the recipe, which I adapted from All Recipes.


Blueberry Cream Muffins

4 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sour cream
3 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 400.  Line muffin ins with liners or grease with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, beat eggs.  Gradually add sugars while beating, and continue beating while adding applesauce.  Stir in vanilla.  In a separate bowl, stir together four, salt, and baking soda.  Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream.  Gently fold in blueberries.  Scoop into prepared muffin cups.  Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment