Thursday, May 27, 2010

Southwest Veggie Dip

This is one of our absolute favorites, and we never have to feel guilty about eating it! (Might have to work on portion size, though, since we eat the whole bowl.) I adadpted this recipe from a dip my sister made called Texas Caviar that used a can of black-eyed peas. This one has black beans, and that suited me better. Although I'm putting it on here as a dip to eat with chips, we've made it to serve atop grilled chicken breasts. It's another one that you can add to according to your tastes. I love this dip with some sliced avocado, but I forgot to get one from the grocery store; it's great with some chopped onion. Of course, all of the ingredients would be excellent fresh, but canned veggies are our way to go for this one. It's as easy as opening cans.

Southwest Veggie Dip

1 can diced tomatoes, mostly drained
1 can corn
1 can black beans, drained
1/4 cup of jalapenos, chopped
1 Tbsp vinegar
handful of cilantro, chopped
dash of cumin
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Allow dip to sit for at least half an hour in the refrigerator before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment