Sunday, May 23, 2010

Penne with Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto


Whenever I make this, I always wonder why I don't do it more often. It's so good, so easy, and it makes enough for lunch the next day; it's one of Bizzuck's favorites. My food processor decided to cut my finger and then not work to chop up the ingredients for the pesto, so we just had whole sun-dried tomatoes--still delicious. I can't say enough good things about this tasty pasta dish. Thanks, Giada!


Penne with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto


1 lb penne pasta
2 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
1 (8.5oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper


Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water. Reserve one cup of the cooking liquid before draining.

In a food processor, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, the garlic, the basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour in a bowl. Add pasta and parmesan cheese to pesto mixture, and toss to coat. Add enough of the cooking liquid to moisten. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment