Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beer Cheese Dip


This was a hit at the teachers' luncheon we just had. I thought it was good, but I think I could add a lot to it that would make it better. Jalapenos, bacon, green onions, tomatoes--any or all of the above would boost the flavor (and the color--what a monochromatic picture! I added the Ritz in a desperate attempt to make it look better. I'll get better with the pictures--and the serving dishes--one day!). The original recipe from AllRecipes said to serve it in a bread bowl, which would have made it even better. It was also good because it took about two minutes to throw together with ingredients I already had.


Beer Cheese Dip

2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
2 (8oz) packages shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup beer
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
(if desired--1 (1lb) loaf round bread)
Mix together first four ingredients with a mixer until smooth. Serve in hollowed out loaf of bread (replace top of bread between servings) or in a dish with chips or crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment