Saturday, May 29, 2010

Homemade Pizza



Okay, it's nothing fancy. I didn't make the crust, I didn't grate the cheese, I didn't even slice the mushrooms. But I did bake it myself, and by not ordering it from the local pizza place, I felt justified in putting it up here. More than anything, it makes for good ideas. Usually when you want pizza, you order up the greasy goodness, and if you get more than just one topping, you're really paying for it. This is a healthier, hopefully cheaper alternative that you might feel better about and have fun doing. This was also the perfect way to use up some extra veggies I had before going out of town (beach time!). Use whatever toppings you like; again, I'll write down what I did. (What I like about this pizza is that I don't use tomato sauce--just diced tomatoes. I think it makes it a little bit lighter.)


Homemade Pizza

1 can Pillsbury pizza crust (I used thin crust)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 chopped green bell pepper
handful of sliced mushrooms
handful of sliced pepperoni (I'm not very good with my measurements)
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Prebake the crust for at least 8 minutes! When crust is prebaked, top with toppings and bake for another 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment