Friday, July 2, 2010

Ultimate Nachos

I love Mexican food.  I can easily and happily eat chips and salsa as a meal for several days in a row.  It's a simple pleasure.  But if I need to indulge myself a little (a lot) more, Biz and I will make these double-decker nachos.  They can always be adapted to your tastes or just what you have on hand.  We've added some cooked rice to these before, which Biz likes, but they were too heavy for me that way.  I like some chopped cilantro thrown on top along with generous spoonfuls of salsa and sour cream everywhere.  No plates needed.  We eat them right off the pan, and we rarely stop until we've eaten everything on there.  You'll do the same.


Ultimate Nachos

Tortilla Chips
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 can black beans, drained
jalapenos, to taste
2-3 cups shredded cheese (we use the Mexican blend)
Chopped cilantro, if desired
Salsa
Sour cream

Preheat oven to 400.  Arrange one layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet, and sprinkle half the black beans, jalapenos, chicken, and cheese on top.  Then arrange another layer of chips on top of the first, topping with the remaining black beans, jalapenos, chicken, and cheese.  Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.  Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top, if desired.  Top with generous dollops of sour cream and salsa.  Grab a fork and a napkin, and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment