Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Club Salad


As you gathered from the creative title, this is the salad I brought to Book Club last night.  It was good!  We served the salad as a side to some great pizza, but I'm sure you could easily turn this into a main-course salad by adding some grilled chicken. 

I'm attaching a suggested dressing, but I'm sure it would be good with anything from a vinaigrette to creamy ranch.  We love anything with ranch dressing.

I love how bright and colorful this dish is!  I hope you like it!  

Book Club Salad

2 hearts romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
2 cups chopped tomatoes (I used halved grape tomatoes, and they were delicious)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 cup croutons

In a bowl, toss all ingredients, adding croutons just before serving.  Top with your favorite dressing. 

Lemon and Oil Dressing

1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well.  Chill until ready to serve with salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment