Monday, August 1, 2011

Ham and Cheese Rolls


Oh my gosh.  You will thank me for these little gems.  They're completely delicious, pretty easy to put together, and perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a casual dinner.  They're really filling, too; the full recipe makes 12 rolls, but you could cut it to 6 rolls easily.

I slightly tweaked this Southern Living recipe, and I'll definitely make it again.  As the recipe below notes, you can make them in a 10-inch skillet or round pan or a 9-jnch square glass dish.  I tried to fit as many as I could (which was nine) in a 9-inch round pan, and the other three I put in my muffin-top pan.  They all tasted equally delicious, but the ones in the muffin-top pan browned more quickly than the ones in the round pan. 


Ham and Cheese Rolls

12 frozen biscuits (I used Mary B's)
All-purpose flour
¼ cup dijon mustard
1 Tbsp minced onion flakes
1 cup (4oz) shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9oz) container deli sliced ham, chopped or torn into pieces
Cooking spray

Arrange frozen biscuits, with sides touching, in three rows of four biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Let stand 30-45 minutes or until biscuits are thawed but still cool to the touch.

Sprinkle thawed biscuits lightly with flour. Press biscuit edges together, and pat to form a 12x10” rectangle of dough; spread evenly with mustard, and sprinkle minced onion flakes on top. Top evenly with the cup of shredded Swiss cheese and then with the ham.


Roll up, starting at 1 long end; cut into 12 (about 1” thick) slices. Place rolls into a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet, 10-inch round pan, or 9-inch square pan. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until center rolls are golden brown and done; cool slightly. 

2 comments: