Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teak Dog Tuesday!

Teak had his tumor removed yesterday, and they're testing it this week to see if it was truly benign, like the vet speculated.  In the mean time, he has a big shaved patch on his shoulder, and he has about a two-inch-long scar with stitches.  He didn't need a cone (this time around) since his mouth can't reach that spot on his shoulder, but he can reach it with his back legs to scratch it and possibly pull the stitches out.  The solution to that problem is hobbling his legs, which basically means that his back legs are tied together.  They're wrapped so that they're always about two inches apart, preventing him from scratching at the stitches, and also forcing him to bunny-hop around the house and the yard.  His legs have to stay hobbled for a week!  I feel so bad for him.

I love this little dog.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Is Teak singing "actin' kinda funny (Actin' kinda funny)
    I heard you boppin' for that money (Boppin' for that money)
    You say you lookin' for a baller (Lookin' for a baller)
    Girl, then let me spoil ya (Girl, then let me spoil ya)
    I'm so glad I got my own,
    I ain't worried about Josephine.
    My life's a natural hop.
    Won't you bunny hop with me?
    I'm so glad I got my own,
    I ain't worried about Josephine.
    My life's a natural hop.
    Won't you bunny hop with me?"

    I hope your sweetie pie feels up to his old antics soon! I want to meet him SO badly!

    ReplyDelete