Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cheez It Chicken


I love Cheez Its.  I'm pretty sure almost half of my diet in college Cheez Its and Diet Coke--still my favorite snack (that turns into a meal).  When I saw this recipe that uses Cheez Its as a coating for baked chicken, I knew I had to try it. 

It was so quick and so easy to make; it would be a very easy weeknight meal, and it'll be a favorite for kids (or adults).  If you're a Cheez It lover too, you should definitely give this a shot.

Cheez It Chicken

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups (3 oz) Cheez Its
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/4 lb chicken tenders
1/3 cup dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Pulse crackers in a food processor, or seal them in a zip top bag, and crush them into small pieces.  Transfer cracker crumbs into a bowl, and stir in pepper.  Toss chicken tenders in mustard, and then dredge in the Cheez it crumbs.  Arrange them on the cookie sheet.  Bake for 18-20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment