Monday, October 25, 2010

Sirloin Steak


Before I talk about the steak, I just want to say that I haven't been posting anything because my computer has been kaput for the past couple of weeks.  Biz told me today, though, that the necessary parts have been ordered, and we should be good to go by the end of this week.  My only computer has been my one at work, so I haven't been able to upload pictures of anything (Bizzuck has been handling Teak Dog Tuesday from his phone).  Anyway, I'll be back in action soon.  (And believe me--I have good stuff to post.)

Okay, the steak--I made this for Bizzuck a few weeks ago, and it was really good and so easy to do!  I don't really know anything about grilling, and I was in charge of cooking the steak, so I used this recipe from Alton Brown, and it would be hard to mess it up!  I got a one pound steak trimmed nicely; although the recipe just called for salt and pepper, I used Montreal Steak Seasoning.  It was cooked perfectly for medium doneness, so adjust the times up or down for the doneness you like.  Enjoy!

Sirloin Steak

1 (1 to 1 1/4) lb sirloin steak
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (or steak seasoning) to taste

Preheat oven on broiler setting.  Brush steak with oil and seasoning.  Line a rimmed cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and place on the bottom rack as a drip pan.  Place another rack in the position right above this, and put the steak directly on the rack.  Cook steak in this position for 5 minutes; flip steak, and cook for another 5 minutes.  Move rack with steak to top position in oven, moving rack with foil and drippings just underneath, and cook for 3 minutes.  Flip one last time and cook for another 3 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack and let rest for 3-5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment