Monday, September 27, 2010

Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies


When I saw this recipe in the latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray, I was so excited about it.  Pretzels dipped in peanut butter was one of my favorite snacks in college, and these cookies are really good too.  They're a little bit heartier than a regular cookie, and they have a great mixture of salty and sweet.  I changed up the original recipe, which called for 1 cup of creamy peanut butter and 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, and instead I used 1 heaping cup of crunchy peanut butter (I don't think I could live without crunchy peanut butter). 

Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 heaping cup crunchy peanut butter
2 eggs, at room temperature
6 cups miniature pretzels, chopped

Preheat oven to 350.  In a bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.  Using an electric mixer, in a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and peanut butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.  Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture, beating until just combined.

Place the pretzels in a bowl.  Working in batches, drop a few balls of dough in the bowl and toss to coat.  Place the cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden but still soft to the touch.

1 comment:

  1. I just made something very similar to these too and love them! happy baking! :)
    http://damegoodeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete