Friday, February 10, 2012

Sliders


I have to be honest.  These were incredible.  We wanted to go to happy hour at a restaurant, but I knew I could make happy hour food at the house, and these fit the bill perfectly.  They were awesome.  I wish I'd discovered them during football season. 

I used the 93/7 ground beef in an effort to not feel as guilty about mixing in mayonaisse and cheese, and I'm glad I made that decision.  I'm sure they'd be extra flavorful with 80/20, but like I said: mayonaisse and cheese are added on top of that.  Even though you will drain the extra grease, going lean on the meat doesn't hurt. 

The recipe is easy to double or triple, depending on your crowd (or just your appetite).  We didn't eat all twelve of ours, but we found that they reheat in the microwave nicely.

We ate these with fries and beer.  It was not a healthy night, but it was certainly a happy night. 


Sliders

1 lb ground beef
12 dinner rolls, split in half (I used King's Hawaiian rolls)
1/2 (1oz) envelope onion soup mix
2 heaping Tbsp mayonaisse
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  In a skillet, combine ground beef with onion soup mix.  Cook and stir together over medium high heat until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink.  Drain and discard any excess grease.  Remove from heat.  When slightly cooled, stir the mayo and cheese into the ground beef mixture.

Slice the rolls in half sandwich style.  Place the bottoms of the rolls on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.  Place the meat mixture on top of the roll bottoms.  Replace the tops of the rolls.  Cover with another sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray. 

Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese has melted, about 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment