Monday, September 19, 2011

Gloria Joy's Chocolate Pie


This is my aunt Gloria Joy's recipe for chocolate pie.   She's quite the chef, and my dad suggested that I make her recipe for this pie (she has several great ones).  He knew it was too good not to try, and he was right!  When Aunt Gloria Joy sent me the recipe, the last line of her recipe said, "This makes an ugly pie, so I serve it with whipped cream and toasted nuts."  I did serve it that way, but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it that way, so you're seeing the ugliness but not tasting the goodness.  It's runny, and I worried the pie wasn't done all the way, but it got high compliments.  It was easy to put together, and it's great!  Try it!

Gloria Joy's Chocolate Pie

1 1/2 cups sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
5/8 cup fat free canned milk
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 frozen deep dish pie crust, defrosted

Preheat oven to 350.  Beat eggs slightly.  Add sugar and cocoa, and mix well.  Add milk, butter, and vanilla, and mix well.  Pour into the pie crust, and bake 45-50 minutes.  After 20 minutes, cover loosely with a foil canopy.  This makes an ugly pie, so serve it with whipped cream and toasted nuts. 

2 comments:

  1. EVERYTHING she makes is awesome, so I will be trying this ASAP. :) Thanks for posting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT THE )(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$? OMG- it's only 6 am here and my tummy is already growling for this. Nice work, friend!!

    ReplyDelete