Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bacon Breadstick Wraps


When I made these, Bizzuck was glad we didn't have anyone over for dinner--more for us!  These bacon-wrapped goodies are a wonderful appetizer from Paula Deen's cookbook, The Lady and Sons.  When I was trying to wrap the bacon around the breadstick, it didn't want to twist for the entire length of the breadstick, so I did the best I could.  I was surprised at how much the breadsticks twisted with the bacon crisping on top of it.  I'm including a picture of the box of sesame breadsticks I used; they were on the pasta aisle of the grocery store.  Enjoy!




Bacon Breadstick Wraps

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp garlic salt or powder
12 slices bacon
24 (1 pkg) sesame breadsticks

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix Parmesan cheese with garlic salt or pwoder in a shallow bowl, and set aside.  Cut the slices of bacon in half so that each in approximately 5 inches long.  Wrap one piece of bacon around a breadstick, starting at one end of breadstick and finishing at the other end.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.  Repeat this process, using all of the breadsticks.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned.  Remove from cookie sheet and immediately roll bacon wraps in cheese mixture.  Let cool and serve at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment