Thursday, June 10, 2010

White to Brown Rice

This was a tasty side dish that I got from AllRecipes, although I gladly took most of the butter out of this recipe.  It called for a whole stick--yuck!  I used less than a tablespoon, and I thought it was still great.  I served this with the little butter biscuits and the chicken with satay sauce, and Biz said this was the best part of the meal.  It took all of five seconds to put together.  I'll happily make this again.  

White to Brown Rice

1 cup white rice
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed French onion soup
1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
1 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 425.  In a 9"x9" baking dish, combine rice, can of soup, and can of beef broth.  Place butter pieces on top of the mixture.  Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.  Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes (it only took me 15-20).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment