Monday, July 4, 2011

Cracker Salad


Happy 4th of July!

This is my mom's recipe, and it has become a favorite at my family's get-togethers. It's so fast and easy to make, and it's especially great if you're using homegrown tomatoes.  I admit that I left out the hardboiled egg the recipe calls for(I didn't want the kitchen to smell bad), and I couldn't taste a difference.  It's also nice that you can put everything together as early as you need to, and just add the crushed crackers at the very end. 

This is a very tasty and easy side dish.  You'll like it!

Cracker Salad

2-3 medium tomatoes, finely diced
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups low fat mayonnaise
1 hardboiled egg, chopped
1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
Salt and pepper

Combine the diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, mayonnaise, and hardboiled egg in a casserole dish.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Immediately before serving, pour the crushed cracker crumbs on top of the tomato mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment