Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chicken Pesto Wrap


We loved this wrap; I can see more of these coming in the future.  As long as you remember to marinate the chicken earlier in the day, the rest of this recipe comes together really quickly.  (Or you can be even faster about it and use frozen chicken strips or rotisserie chicken.)  We mostly followed Plain Chicken's recipe, but you could change this up adding other vegetables.  It would also be really good as a cold wrap with some lettuce or spinach and diced tomatoes.  Very tasty and easy. 

If you're not making all six wraps at one time, still grill all of the chicken and just use it for leftovers later in the week.  We had these two nights in a row, and they were great both times. 

Chicken Pesto Wrap

1 lb chicken tenders
3/4 cup Italian dressing
3 Tbsp pesto, divided
2 Tbsp Ranch dressing
6 tortillas
6 mushrooms, sliced
Shredded cheese of your choice (I used Monterey Jack)

Marinate the chicken in the Italian dressing and 2 Tbsp pesto for at least an hour--the longer, the better.  Grill until done, and set aside.

Mix the Ranch dressing with 1 Tbsp pesto, and set aside.

Lay the tortilla down, and layer ingredients on the tortilla, starting with shredded cheese.  Follow with chicken and sliced mushrooms, and finally drizzle pesto-Ranch mixture on top.  Roll up the sides of the tortilla, and place in a hot grill pan.  Grill 3 minutes per side, or until golden.  Repeat with remaining tortillas.  Serve with Ranch, if desired.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love this wrap too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds perfect, and I love any sort of wrap myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say that I've been thinking of you! I think the storms missed you or maybe never even came close, but still, I was a little worried! Hope all is well and I wish someone would cook this meal for me because I'm lazy tonight and it sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete